Can’t beat a good old falafel salad! I’ve only recently started making falafel, but I’ve already fallen in love. Falafel is so cheap and easy to make, and literally can go with anything and be used in salads, wraps, pitas and burgers! I love it in salads with a yummy tomato dressing or tzatziki, and it’s just such a yum alternative for meat.
FALAFEL SALAD RECIPE
For the falafel (makes 6 patties):
– can of chick peas
– Handful of mint – Handful of parsley
– Juice of One lemon
– Dash of olive oil
– Salt and pepper
For the salad:
– good handful of spinach
– Half a red pepper
– Large Button Mushroom
– 4 cherry tomatoes
– 2 shallot cloves or a small onion
– Handful of sunflower seeds
– drain chickpeas and blend in mixer with mint, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper
– Shape into 6 patties and refrigerate for 30 mins
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
– Chop peppers, mushrooms and onions into strips and arrange on a tray, sprinkle with olive oil and seasoning and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes.
– Quarter the cherry tomatoes and prepare in a serving bowl with the spinach
– In a small pan, dry fry the falafel until each side is a dark brown/slightly charred and the patty holds together. Toss in the sunflower seeds and toast them off and then remove both patties and seeds from heat.
– Remove roast veggies from the oven and arrange on the spinach, placing the falafel and sunflower seeds on top. Top the falafel with the tomato chutney.
– Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.