Recipe for Healthy Oven Baked Fish and Chips – Serves 3
3 Tarakihi Fillets
3 Agria Potatoes (or potato of your choice)
1 Lemon – Cut into slices
100g Frozen Minted peas
Handful of Parsley-chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200ᵒC or 392ᵒ
- Wash the potatoes and chop into long wedges around ½ and inch thick, leaving the skin on.
- Place into a large Pyrex dish or tray lined with baking paper, and toss with olive oil, black pepper and salt.
- Place dish in oven and let the chips bake for 25 minutes, tossing them regularly so they don’t stick.
- After 25 minutes, remove the dish/tray from the oven and push chips to the side of the dish making space for the Tarakihi fillets.
- Place the fillets on the cleared space in the dish/tray and sprinkle with chopped parsley, salt, black pepper, and lemon slices.
- Place the dish/tray back in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked (should be flaky but still moist).
- Whilst the fish is cooking heat peas in a pan of hot water until they are defrosted and warmed through, and drain the water once they are done.
- Remove the dish/tray from the oven and serve the chips, fish and peas hot.
Added Tips: I like to squeeze a little added lemon juice onto my fish and sprinkle my chips with some balsamic white vinegar – a true British fish and chips tradition!