It’s amazing what you can do with a little can of chickpeas, they’re so delicious, so nutritious and so cheap too! They are the perfect meat alternative for students or people on a low budget. Even though I’m at home, I live for chickpeas, so yesterday I smashed together this Moroccan chickpea, carrot, green pepper and sunflower seed salad with a cumin and Dijon mustard glaze.
– 1 small carrot
– 1/2 green pepper
– Handful of sunflower seeds
– 1/3 can of chick peas
– Handful of frozen sweet corn kernels
– 2 tsp Moroccan seasoning
– Olive oil (for roasting)
– 1 tsp Greek yogurt
– Juice of half a lemon
– 1/2 tsp cumin
– 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
– Shaved Parmesan (for garnish)
– preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
– Slice pepper into strips and carrots into thin discs and arrange on a baking tray with the chickpeas
– Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper and Moroccan seasoning
– Roast for 15 minutes, then add sweet corn kernels and sunflower seeds and roast for a further 5-10 minutes
– Mix Greek yogurt, mustard, lemon juice and cumin in a bowl – Arrange rocket in a serving bowl and place the roast vegetables and seeds on top
– Pile the shaved Parmesan on the vegetable and then drizzle the salad with the dressing.
– Crack some salt and pepper on top and enjoy!!